Speaking Friday to the media gathered in New Orleans for All-Star Weekend, Carmelo Anthony basically said the following.
- His first choice is to remain in New York for the rest of his career.
- He is willing to take less money to help the Knicks with the cap going forward, but only if he likes the plans they set out in front of him.
- He will be meeting with the Knicks’ Front Office soon to discuss roster plans going forward.
- Mike Woodson will be at practice Monday in Memphis.
- He knows he will not be traded before Thursday’s Trade Deadline.
Given that Melo seemingly calls a lot of the shots, this is a very telling series of statements.